Important: If you are taking any medications, please consult with your doctor to make sure it's okay to get any permanent makeup. Brows By CJ cannot advise outside of the following issues as she is not a medical doctor.
1. Are you pregnant or nursing?
If yes, Brows By CJ does not work on pregnant
or breastfeeding women at all.
2. Are you on blood thinners?
If yes, you must stop 30-days before procedure.
You're not qualified if stopping will
cause a health risk.
3. Do you use any acne medications, ointments, or
creams on your face that might contain
Retin-A, Retinol, or Glycolic?
Yes: You must stop 30-days before the
procedure. You must also avoid baking soda or
lemon on face if using natural products.
4. Any prior tattooing done on your brows?
If yes, DO NOT SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
until you have spoken with the artist.
Note: Brows By CJ prefers not to work over
5. Have you had any laser hair removal, Botox, or
chemical peels in the last 30-days?
If yes, you must wait 30-days before scheduling
6. Do you have any open wounds or skin rashes
such as Psoriasis, Eczema, or acne
inside or close to the eyebrow area?
Yes: You must wait until skin is clear.
7. Are you a diabetic? If yes: Have you had tattoos
after being diagnosed and is your
diabetics under control. Brows By CJ prefers a
note from your doctor giving you the okay to have
8. Do you have existing Permanent Makeup from
If so, it would have to be almost completely faded
before we would be able to provide a service to
9. Do you suffer from keloid scarring?
If so, you are not a candidate for our procedures.
It all starts with a good canvas! The eyebrow area must be healthy, strong, non-irritated, and non=sensitive before starting the procedure. The following will help ensure you are prepared for your upcoming appointment.
30-days before your procedure:
Retin-A, Retinol, or Glycolic
2-weeks before your procedure:
1-week before your procedure:
In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor color deposit:
Your procedure will begin to oxidize (dry out) immediately. This causes pigment to become darker. Do not be alarmed as the dark color will fade during the next few days. Some flaking off of the pigment is normal on some skin types; the pigment may sometimes disappear only to reappear a few days or weeks later. Any pigment loss will be recovered at your touchup appointment. A touchup cannot be performed before the procedure area heals.
1. Dryness and itching in the treated area is normal. Do Not Scratch!
2. Gradual flaking is common. Not whole pieces!
3. Mild tenderness is common. Do not be alarmed.
4. The pigment will appear to fade completely. It will return. Do not be alarmed.
YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS REGIME AND CARE
1. Apply THIN coats of the healing ointment provided at your appointment twice daily (once if you have oily skin) being careful not to
over saturate. A thin layer is all you need. If it becomes too oily, BLOT the procedure area
clean with hypoallergenic baby wipes and start with a fresh coat of ointment.
Make sure fingers are CLEAN when applying ointment. No double-dipping if using Q-tips.
DO NOT TOUCH THE PROCEDURE AREA UNLESS APPLYING OINTMENT. If area becomes
contaminated, BLOT area clean with hypoallergenic baby wipes.
2. Important: Do not pick, rub, or scratch any flakes or scabs that may form during the healing process. Doing so may cause you to lose the color permanently, damage your skin, and highly increase the chances of creating patchy spots. Allow them to naturally fall off of the procedure area.
3. DO NOT apply makeup around or on the brows until all flaking is gone.
4. Touch-ups are scheduled six weeks from your initial appointment and can not be done until the procedure area has healed completely. We do not want to damage the skin by working on you too soon.
5. DO NOT WET BROWS AT ALL UNTIL ALL FLAKING IS GONE!!! THAT INCLUDES ANY
SWEATING! No heavy exercise, weight lifting, swimming, hot showers, hot tubs, Jacuzzis, or saunas.
6. DO NOT use any face creams, exfoliators, or harsh cleansers on your brows.
7. NO tanning or direct sun for 3 weeks.
If you see formation of lymph (clear liquid/secretion) seeping from the brows, blot clean with hypoallergenic baby wipes and apply a thin layer of Aquaphor.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me. In addition, you should seek
medical attention if the tattoo site becomes infected or painful, or if you develop a fever
shortly after being tattooed.
No ointment or water on the eyebrows. Allow the Aloe Vera gel that was applied at the end of your service to continue working for 48 hours on its own.
Avoid any water exposure directly on the eyebrows. Only apply a thin layer of ointment twice per day for normal to dry skin and once per day for oily skin.
All Skin Types
*After your treatment is done, do not take long showers with hot steam (no more than 15 minutes) within the first 7 days. The skin will perspire if under warm water too long, which will also open pores and push out pigment. This can have an effect on the pigment retention.
*Please avoid the following for the next 7-days: Solarium, sun, makeup (over eyebrows), fitness, swimming, facial treatments, and the sauna.
*Also, some clients may have lymph on the second day if the service was done later in the day. If you see this, you should take a hypoallergenic sensitive (non-scented) wipe and clean your eyebrows very gently.
*Do not pick or scratch your eyebrows.
5201 Monroe Street
Toledo, Ohio 43623
We are located in Sola Salons inside the Sola Spa
Adjacent to Bed Bath & Beyond
Monday Tuesday Thursday Friday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.